Following the principle that musical promotion and management must always serve artistic interests, and not the other way round, Humberto Orán and Juan Cambreleng founded in 1989 Musiespaña, with the purpose of supporting music in general, and especially Spanish music. Their professional experience in the field of music as well as in cultural and artistic management, and their competence and solvency as a group soon turned Musiespaña into one of the most reputable agencies in Spain and Europe.
At a time when music in Spain was experiencing a historic development, there was an urgent need for a refined selection criteria that clarified the musical scene and identified what was offered. Musiespaña’s work pays attention to classical music’s main features –composers, conductors, vocal and instrumental interpreters, orchestras, chamber ensembles, etc.- covering the demands of a diverse range of musical styles and modalities.
Musiespaña represents in an exclusive way some of the most renowned artists in our cultural panorama, and works hard to guarantee the interests of a number of prestigious international artists in Spain.
One of Musiespaña’s main objectives is to enhance its permanent support to music and to Spanish musicians, having promoted and coordinated assignments of new pieces and works, authored by composers as notorious as Cristóbal Halffter, Antón García Abril, Tomás Marco, or Luis de Pablo, among many others.
Since its inception, Musiespaña has stood out in the field of vocal music, having worked with a lengthy list of singers that hold a privileged position in modern singing history -Teresa Berganza, Montserrat Caballé, José Carreras, Alfredo Kraus, Peter Schreier, Cheryl Studer, Pilar Lorengar, Victoria de los Ángeles, Juan Pons, Renata Scotto, or Gundula Janowitz- whilst still building up the careers of our most promising upcoming talents.
In the instrumental field, it has been Musiespaña’s honour to collaborate with outstanding soloists such as Henryk Szeryng or Yehudi Menuhin, and more recently with distinguished conductors like George Prêtre, Rudolf Barshai, Lorin Maazel, Sir Neville Marriner, or Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos, as well as instrumentalists such as Heinrich Schiff, Elisabeth Leonskaja, Rudolf Buchbinder, Aldo Ciccolini, Pepe Romero, Sabine Meyer, or Murray Perahia, to mention only a small collection of the brilliant musicians that have trusted in Musiespaña and relied on us to represent their interests.
Since its beginning in 1989, Musiespaña has organized important events in Spain and abroad; from international tours round Latin America, United States or Japan, to privately sponsored concerts or operatic productions, with the intention of promoting Music and Spanish musicians.
The diversity of the projects Musiespaña has engaged in during these years has made us realize how necessary it is to offer a high quality and personalized service, at the level of the importance of the companies that have trusted our agency for the organization and production of their events. Some examples lie in our constant collaboration with some very prestigious brands such as BMW, ROVER, COFARES or GlaxoSmithKline, among others.
In this way, more than twenty years of experience in this area supports the completion of our targets and Musiespaña’s efficient work in the production sector. In addition to this, our agency also has a prestigious position in the public field, having organized musical events for the State Cultural Commemorations Society in various occasions, such as the fifth centenary of the Discovery of America or Madrid ’92.
We are constantly learning from the entities that put their projects in our hands, and discovering together one of the main goals of Music: the social benefits of Culture. The art of Music, essentially volatile, correlates in this way to what the society of Culture generates.
Musiespaña has worked these past years with many notorious companies and public entities:
- State Society Lisbon ‘98
- New Millennium State Society
- Cultural Commemorations State Society:
- “Alberti” Project
- “Don Quijote” Project
- Fifth Centenary of the Discovery of America
- Portugal’s Profile
- Reina Sofía Foundation
- Seville between Cultures Festival (various editions)
- Don Giovanni, by Giuseppe Gazzaniga (Seville)
- Farnace, Antonio Vivaldi /Francesco Corselli
- Nafplion Festival (Greece)
- Musical Youths in Spain
- Príncipe de Asturias Foundation
- World in Harmony Foundation
- San Pablo CEU Foundation
- CEOE (Spanish Confederation of Employer’s Organizations)
- CEIM (Madrid Confederation of Employers and Industries
- Universal Exposition (Seville 1992)
- Universal Exposition (Hannover 2000)
- International Tours:
- Dresdner Philharmonie (Michel Plasson, conductor): Spain
- Camerate Bariloche: Spain
- Deustche Oper Orchestra from Berlin (Rafael Frühbeck de Burgos, conductor): Spain
- Weiner Symphoniker: Spain
- Orquesta de Cámara Reina Sofía: Japan, South America, Europe
- Orquesta Filarmónica de Gran Canaria: Japan
- Orquesta Nacional de España: United States, Argentina, Brasil, Mexico and Germany
- Real Orquesta Sinfónica de Sevilla: Japan (two tours), Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- Real Filharmonía de Galicia: South American Tour (Argentina, Brasil)